I. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
We may collect the following kinds of information when you use the Services:
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE DIRECTLY TO US
For certain activities, such as when you register, or contact us, we may ask you to provide some or all of the following types of information:
- Complete name, e-mail address, and phone number for the Mobile Application's login information.
- Personal information such as gender, city, state, and country, as well as contact information such as full name and email address.
- Details of a harassment storey, such as whether the user was harassed or witnessed harassment, the location/organization of the harassment, the type of harassment faced, the harassment narrative.
- Comments, when you comment on a story of harassment.
- Information from Your Mobile Device: We may collect information from your mobile device, such as your preferred language.
No Collection of Information from Children. The application is not intended for children under the age of 15, nor do we knowingly collect or retain information in connection with the Services from children under the age of 15.
II. USE OF INFORMATION
We generally use the information we collect to:
- Share user-inputted stories of harassment and to facilitate commentary on such stories.
- Communicate support resources with users who have shared stories of harassment.
- To better understand and develop the App, analyse the use of the Services and user data.
- Customize the content you see when you use the App – for example, location information is used to tag the location of a user-reported story of harassment, which the user can edit.
- For some other purpose reported to you at the time we collect your data or with your consent.
III. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Your details will not be sold or shared. Without your permission, we will not sell or share your Personal Information with other companies for their own marketing purposes.
- General Public. We may disclose information to the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as stories of harassment or comments on such stories.
- Advocacy. We may disclose your anonymized information (e.g., location of harassment) to universities or legislators for advocacy purposes.
- For legal reasons. We may release information in response to subpoenas, court orders, legal procedure, law enforcement requests, legal claims, or government inquiries, as well as to protect and defend Quiet Circle's rights, interests, protection, and security.
- With your consent. We may share information for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect the information or pursuant to your consent.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 entitles California customers to request information concerning whether a business has disclosed Personal Information to any third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We will not sell your Personal Information to other companies and we will not share it with other companies for them to use for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
We may amend this Agreement from time to time. When we amend this Agreement, we will email you, if your email address is registered, that there has been a change and update this page accordingly. Your continued use of our Service shall constitute your acceptance of any such amendments.
IV. USER SUBMITTED CONTENT
Users should not post the personal information of the harasser. We will not publish the home or business address, email address, employer identity, or other contact information of the harasser.
V. ACCEPTABLE USE
You agree to use the App and the Content (whether provided by us or others) in a manner consistent with all applicable laws and regulations. Additionally, you will not take any of the following actions with respect to the Services, nor will you use the App to upload, post, email, distribute, transmit, link, solicit, or otherwise make available any Content or use the Services in any manner that:
- is unlawful, harmful to minors, threatening, harassing, abusive, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, gratuitously violent, obscene, pornographic, indecent, lewd, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, or advocates or solicits violence, criminal conduct, or the violation of any applicable local, state, national, or international law or the rights of any third party.
- infringes someone else’s patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy rights, right of publicity, or other intellectual property rights.
- specifically advertises firearms or ammunition, tobacco, alcohol, illegal drugs, or other contraband.
- is off-topic according to the description of the group, forum or App.
- disrupts, interferes, or inhibits any other user from using the App.
- creates a false identity for the purpose of impersonating or otherwise misleading others.
Unless you are participating in an area of the Services that requires or encourages anonymity, we encourage you to use your real name.